First Steps Avondale is located in the heart of Avondale, very close to New Lynn and Avondale train stations and the Motorway which is ideal for Auckland City commuters. The team at First Steps Avondale value children as confident, competent learners and communicators.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a strong leader to lead our team as an Head Teacher along with our Centre Manager in the Nursery room.
As our Head Teacher you will have strong leadership abilities in modelling and communicating high quality practice, provision and planning for the youngest children. Lead a team in creating a dynamic, rich and exciting curriculum that inspires children to be initiators, explorers and self-learners. Our ideal Head Teacher will demonstrate the below skills and abilities in their management and teaching practice:
- Strong overall leadership ability and proven experience in leading teams to achieve set outcomes.
- Sound track record in customer service; building strong relationships with staff, clients and relevant stakeholders.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for children and parents/whanau.
- Experience in leading team's through programme planning, observation and assessment, and self-review
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident communicator.
- Self-motivated, innovative, reflective and prepared to think beyond the boundaries.
Benefits of working for us:
First Steps Avondale is not just a place to work but – it’s a place of innovation and leadership. As part of our team you will be offered discounted childcare benefits, subsidised healthcare, on-going professional development opportunities and career advancement opportunities!
To apply for this position, click 'Apply for this job' and fill out the online application!
22 Jan 2018
- Work Type:
- Auckland - Central
- First Steps Avondale