TopKids New Lynn is looking for an experienced Qualified Teacher whose next step up is into an Assistant Manager role or who is currently an Assistant Manager looking for a new challenge.
The centre which is located on Great North Road between New Lynn (Lynn Mall) and Kelston was purpose built and is licenced for 100. This role is focused on the day to day running of one of our rooms (as Head Teacher), building relationships with children and families, growing teachers and supporting the Centre Manager. At the centre we provide a safe, dynamic and enriching learning environment for our tamariki and are committed to providing educational experiences that reflect bi-cultural and multicultural practice. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in leadership and collaboratively building and maintaining teams.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Fun, respectful, professional and likeable to all
- Is an effective communicator both verbally and in written form and is confident working with ICT equipment e.g. computer, iPad etc
- Has the ability to work well within a team but also sees opportunities to grow/challenge and mentor others to consistently improve knowledge and skills
- Excellent understanding of compliance, ECE policy/regulations and the implementation of Te Whariki
- Able to lead the team with assessment, planning and self-review - Is dedicated to developing their own knowledge through inquiry and further learning
- Well organised and skilled in delegation and follow up to ensure productivity and growth of others and the centre
- Open-minded and adept at dealing with change
As part of BestStart we are committed to provide you with ongoing personal development to ensure you and your career are being well looked after. Teachers enjoy many benefits including: a competitive salary, subsidised medical insurance, free uniforms, subsidised childcare and plenty of career advancement opportunities.
23 Jan 2018
- Work Type:
- Auckland - West
- Topkids New Lynn
- Assistant Manager