We are currently looking for a head teacher for our Pikopiko room who is passionate about working with infants and toddlers. In this role you will be working alongside a team of four teachers guiding them to provide the best possible learning environment for the youngest tamariki at our centre. Our Pikopiko room philosophy is inspired by RIE and each child has a primary care teacher. We have a lovely open plan space with windows that allow for easy visibility to all areas of the indoor and outdoor environment. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our team of teachers and the way we incorporate children's cultures into the experiences that we offer each day.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Be a collaborative team player and great role model.
· Be energetic and a have a good sense of humour.
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of programme planning, internal evaluation and assessment.
· Be an excellent communicator (written and verbal).
· Display a high level of initiative.
· Demonstrate good knowledge of ECE regulations, Te Whaariki and compliance.
· Of Course, you will be ECE Qualified and have achieved a Level 7 ECE Qualification
As part of this role you will be provided with support from the centre manager along with the preschool head teacher and our Area Manager to develop your leadership skills. You will also have the opportunity to attend head teacher meetings to network with other head teachers in the Wellington Region.
As a BestStart employee, your hard work and commitment to providing excellence in education and care will be rewarded with a competitive salary package which includes, uniforms, health insurance and discounted childcare.
We support employees with their ongoing career aspirations, providing induction and mentoring programmes as well as professional learning and development.
28 Jan 2018
- Work Type:
- ABC Redwood
- Head Teacher