An opportunity has come available at our beautiful rural centre TopKids Puketaha – we are looking for an awesome Cook to cater for our 68 children - working 30 hours a week across 5 days.
This role will involve you planning for and cooking an appetising and culturally varied menu for the children each day. Including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. You’ll need to be organised and energetic and have an excellent knowledge of foods that promote good nutrition and healthy eating.
To be successful in this position you will have the following attributes/skills:
- Enjoy cooking and baking
- Enjoy being with children
- Work to tight deadlines with flexibility
- Understanding of allergies and special diets
- Meticulous hygiene standards
- A sense of fun
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about promoting healthy eating in children
Previous experience cooking for large groups is advantageous and a food handling or safety certificate is preferred.
Other daily responsibilities may include domestic duties such as cleaning, laundry, washing, restocking, ordering food and providing cover in the classrooms as required.
As part of the BestStart team you’ll enjoy paid staff meetings, a uniform, childcare discount and more. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
8 Feb 2018
- Work Type:
- TopKids Puketaha
- Centre Cook - Puketaha