First Steps Waiuku has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager at our 138 licence Centre. This position is ideal for an experienced, fully certified, qualified ECE teacher ready for the next step up or for an Assistant Manager looking for a new challenge.
Situated in Waiuku, First Steps is an established childcare centre that provides a warm, safe and friendly environment. With close links to the community, we have three environments/buildings that cater to the individual and age appropriate learning needs of our children.
We pride ourselves on our ability to collaborate with each other, our families and community to provide excellent education and care for our children. Our team of experienced, caring teachers work closely together to grow and develop our children and the Centre.
You will bring:
· Enthusiasm, experience and passion for ECE demonstrated by your commitment and practice in delivering high quality education for children
· Proven leadership skills with the ability to foster growth and development within your team
· Mentoring and coaching skills – able to confidently lead a team with assessment, planning and internal evaluation
· Professional, adaptable and open communication style with the ability to build a rapport with people quickly
· A positive and collaborative working style that is critical to your success
· Ability to use initiative and make sound professional decisions
· Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure
· An open-minded attitude and the ability to adapt accordingly
· Excellent knowledge of ECE regulations, the implementation of Te Whariki and compliance in the ECE sector
· Effective communication skills, both verbally and written
As part of the BestStart family you will enjoy competitive remuneration, a uniform, healthcare insurance, paid staff meetings, an extensive support and guidance network, subsidised childcare, extra sick days, training incentives and more. BestStart provides professional development and opportunities for career advancement.
If this sounds like you don’t delay, please apply now with your CV and cover letter.
9 Feb 2018
- Work Type:
- Auckland - South
- First Steps Waiuku