Our home-like centre environment has a wonderful outdoor area with lots of space to play and learn with animals playing a huge part of centre life. Children are supported to develop theories about the living world and knowledge of how to care for it.
We are currently seeking a van driver to join our team. This is a part time position working 20 hrs per week within the hours of 7.15am to 5pm, with the shifts tailored to the children’s booked hours – Monday to Friday.
You will be responsible for:
- Transporting children from their homes to the centre and back daily, operating the vehicle in a safe and lawful manner at all times.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships and the ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner at all times.
What is required from you?
- Enjoy working with children and have their safety and wellbeing at heart
- A can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and time management skills, with a bi-cultural understanding, and the ability to relate to a range of people within our community
- Full clean driver license and a clean criminal history.
- Good knowledge of the local area.
- Flexibility in hours and willingness to take on additional roles during the day if required.
- Punctual, honest & energetic and enjoy an ever-changing & multi-cultural environment.
As part of BestStart, we are committed to providing you with ongoing Personal Development to ensure you and your career are being well looked after including: competitive salary, discounted medical insurance, uniforms and subsidised childcare.
13 Feb 2018
- Work Type:
- Community Kindy Jones
- Van Driver Jones
- Van Driver